[OpenAFS-devel] Patch 'up' utility to preserve time stamps on directories

Todd Lewis Todd_Lewis@unc.edu
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:36:22 -0500

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Todd M. Lewis wrote:
>

>>BTW, I looked on the OpenAFS.org pages for a documented channel to
>>submit patches, but didn't find one.  If there's a better way to submit
>>patches, I'd be happy to do that instead.
>

> Should the nav bar on the left include in addition to "Submit a Bug"?

Wasn't trying to submit a _bug_; surely there's enough of them already! :^) It
was a patch for an extremely minor feature enhancement.

If patches should go to openafs-bugs@openafs.org (along with bug reports), then
maybe changing the text to "Submit a Bug Report/Patch" would help. I know you
need to keep the verbiage down or the nav bar loses it brevity.

It may be surprising to you regular contributors and maintainers just how
intimidating it can be for the average programmer/user who occasionally dips
into code to scratch up the chootspa necessary to submit his first patch right
out in public where God and everybody can see it. I know of at least one
programmer who's sitting on a fix because he's not sure what to do with it and
not really convinced it would matter to anybody. His bad, but making the patch
submission process obvious and inviting probably wouldn't hurt.

I'll stop babbling now so you all can get back to creating more great code. Cheers,
--
Todd_Lewis@unc.edu