[OpenAFS-devel] Re: setpag switch for afslog?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:25:04 -0500

Andrei Maslennikov <andrei@caspur.it> writes:

> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004, Russ Allbery wrote:
>>
>> I was, amusingly, completely unaware of its existence until about a year
>> ago and have never used it, despite having used and then maintained AFS
>> for more than ten years now, so I can attest that it's definitely not
>> necessary.
>>

>   I cannot agree with this. We need "setpag" or "krb5_afs_pag_env" to be
>   able to obtain a pag-based token inside SSH in a cell that runs K5 KDC
>   in the place of kaserver. It might violate some principles, but it is

Andrei, I think you misunderstood the statement.  We was not saying
that he doesn't need setpag(); he was saying that he didn't need the
functionality of setpag() where it sets the PAG in the parent process!
Obviously we need some way to create a new PAG, and Russ wasn't denying
that.

-derek