[OpenAFS-devel] Ubik time overflow at 0x40000000??

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:00:00 -0500

On Saturday, January 10, 2004 10:45:57 -0500 Kris Van Hees
<aedil-afs@alchar.org> wrote:

> OK, so how many of us had cells in which servers were not able to reach
> quorum at Sat Jan 10 13:37:04 2004 UTC?  It seems we're losing a bit
> somewhere at the 31st position, causing major trouble.

Everyone, or at least everyone with more than one dbserver.  This has been
reported and is ticket #2926.  If you build from source, you can fix it by
applying the following one-line change to src/ubik/beacon.c, in
ubeacon_Interact() around line 370:

<        oldestYesVote = 0x7fffffff; /* time quorum expires */
>        oldestYesVote = 0x7fffffff; /* time quorum expires */

I would not be surprised to see a release with this fix before the weekend
is out.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer