[OpenAFS-devel] dir buffer prototypes

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:03:21 -0500

I have taken yet another stab at getting dir/dir.o, afs_dir.o, and
afs_buffer.o to compile.  The recent irix commits completely broke them on
BSD.

It's hard because the buffer functions (DNew, DRelease, etc) are different
depending on whether you're in user (dir/buffer.c) or kernel
(afs/afs_buffer.c).  Not only are the implementations different, the
arguments and return types are different.

To complicate matters, the prototypes are either in dir.h or
afs_prototypes.h, but for reasons I don't understand, afs_buffer.c does not
include afs_prototypes.h.

The best I could do was to remove the arguments from the prototypes and have
the functions return void*.  Someone with more ambition than I have could go
in and really clean this up.

Please test.