[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenSSH, OpenAFS, Heimdal Kerberos and MIT Kerberos

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:46:39 -0500

  Or taking the Kerberos dependency and having a up call into userspace
  for credential management.  I don't dispute that doing so is a lot of
  work, but discarding what seems like a necessary step for AFS if it
  survives long enough when discussing solutions seems poor.

That's what our NFSv4 implementation does.  Our gssd will soon be part of
linux nfs-utils, and there is no reason it couldn't be used for afs too.  It
works now but has dependencies on the internals of MIT kerberos that have to
be fixed before it can be widely deployed.

That still doesn't solve the pag problem.