[OpenAFS-devel] Kerberos V, KeyFile questions

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:31:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> Right now, fakeka only works if you have a single-DES master key.
> Sadly, it's hard for me to test a fix for this, since the MIT code
> doesn't allow one to change the enctype of the master key.  If someone
> wants to fix it, I'll take the changes and commit them to the MIT tree.

Which key has to be single DES? the K/M in the krbV database?

I just used
kdb5_util create -s
to create the database

was I supposed to use kdb5_util -k des-cbc-crc:normal create -s ?

I can blow this away and start from scratch and give it a whirl that isn't
an issue at this point.

Thanks.