[OpenAFS-devel] Off by one bug in backup volrestore.

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:18:17 -0500

I've been trying to do a volrestore of a single volume from a full dump
tape that has 28 volumes on it. The volrestore would fail with a
"corrupted volume header" message.

I ran butc under gdb and found out that the parameters passed to
Restorer included a position parameter of 4, when the volume I wanted
was actually the 3rd volume on the dump tape. When I used the debugger
to set the position to 3, the restore worked.  I was trying to find
where the parameter block that was given to Restorer was built, but I
got lost in the handoff between processes.

I'm not certain how to proceed from here... I will try to provide any
additional information that you need, but I'm not sure what that would be.

Thanks,

Ken Aaker

--
work -> kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com