[OpenAFS-devel] what's "enable-redhat-buildsys" all about?

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:23:45 -0400

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:11:48PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > I'm working on a 1.3.65+ (actually, today's snapshot) RPM for BU Linux,
> > which is based on Fedora Core 2. I'll post the spec file + links once I've
> > got it working satisfactorily.
> Thanks, but I'll probably ignore it when I work on the official
> RPMs.

Um, okay. Suit yourself.

The "official" RPMs aren't very convenient anyway, since, as you said, they
have their own "mental model", which tends to differ from the Red Hat /
Fedora Core norms anyway. (FHS compatibility, normal packaging standards,
proper package groups, etc.) So I'll still post mine when it's done -- I'm
sure someone will find it helpful.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>