[OpenAFS-devel] linux 2.6.x module version magic failure on SMP systems (FC2)

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 21:46:02 -0400

Okay, obviously not of the kinks are worked out yet. As mentioned earlier,
the four patches from the other day make recent daily snapshots work
apparently beautifully (haven't tested exhaustively yet) on Fedora Core 2
with the latest errata kernel.

I was working on an RPM build process to build multiple modules for multiple
architectures and configurations, and when I got to testing on an SMP
system, I discovered that neither the MP nor SP module built against the
2.6.6-1.435smp kernel config loads -- "Invalid module format". And both give
exactly this error in dmesg:

libafs: version magic '2.6.6-1.435smp 686 REGPARM 4KSTACKS gcc-3.3' should
be '2.6.6-1.435smp SMP 686 REGPARM 4KSTACKS gcc-3.3'

so it looks like the "SMP" isn't getting inserted there. I'll look at
actually fixing this tomorrow -- just wanted to report it.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>