[OpenAFS-devel] what's "enable-redhat-buildsys" all about?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:53:13 -0400

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> writes:

> You don't need kernel-source (now "kernel-sourcecode", actually) at all. You
> need "/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build" from each binary kernel package. This
> is a bunch of Makefiles, Kconfigs, and a few other such bits, plus the
> actual include files.

Then how am I supposed to build for both i686 and athlon for the same
kernel version?  I can't have both binary kernel packages for the
different platforms installed at the same time.

It would _really suck_ if this was the only way to do it.  How do the
FC2 alsa kernel modules handle the problem?

-derek