[OpenAFS-devel] what's "enable-redhat-buildsys" all about?

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:58:34 -0400

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 11:48:11AM -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> >Then how am I supposed to build for both i686 and athlon for the same
> >kernel version?  I can't have both binary kernel packages for the
> >different platforms installed at the same time.
> Are you sure that's still true?

Well, since there is no more separate athlon package (the 2.6.x kernel knows
how to optimize for various i686-like subtypes on the fly), that particular
issue is gone. But I think the i586 and i686 packages conflict -- they don't
have different extraversions, which is kinda unfortunate.

> >It would _really suck_ if this was the only way to do it.  How do the
> >FC2 alsa kernel modules handle the problem?
> Presumably by being part of the stock kernel distribution.

How tricky of them!

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>