[OpenAFS-devel] Re: linux 2.6.x module version magic failure on SMP systems (FC2)

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:02:19 -0400

On Thursday, June 17, 2004 23:42:19 -0400 Matthew Miller
<mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:

> vermagic was getting defined twice, and wrong one of those times. I think
> this is what should get removed to fix it:

Yes; that's a known problem on SMP systems, and that's the right fix.

> BUT, there's still a problem. The uniprocessor module continues to work
> fine, and the SMP one now _loads_, but oopses:

Is this the module from the MP or SP directory?
In theory they should be identical when building against 2.6, but it's
possible that there's something still wrong in the build system that makes
one of those directories get built with the wrong flags.

However, the backtrace indicates that you're losing because of a null
pointer dereference in src/afs/LINUX/osi_cred.c:crref().
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that for some reason,
current->group_info is NULL, and thus not something we can legitimately
call get_group_info() on.

Try adding the following line just after the #if defined(AFS_LINUX26_ENV)
in crref():

  if (current->group_info)

Yes, just that -- it conditionalized the block that's already there.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer