[OpenAFS-devel] Re: linux 2.6.x module version magic failure on SMP systems (FC2)

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:10:47 -0400

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 03:58:18PM -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> >Well, this makes the module not oops on load, but then afsd fails with
> >"Error -1 in basic initialization".
> Well, this brings us back to the beginning.
> Is the SMP kernel compiled with CONFIG_REGPARM?
> Are you using the patches from Rainer?

Yes and yes. :)

> What error does truss show being returned from the ioctl on
> /proc/fs/openafs/afs_ioctl?

Heh. I'll tell you on Monday, when I can get into the room where the test
SMP system is and hit the reset switch -- an patch I was trying out for Chas
Williams somehow caused the machien to hang.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>