[OpenAFS-devel] Re: linux 2.6.x module version magic failure on SMP systems (FC2)

Rainer Schöpf rainer.schoepf@proteosys.com
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:02:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

 > Is this the module from the MP or SP directory?
 > In theory they should be identical when building against 2.6, [...]

I'm a bit confused here: There is still the CONFIG_SMP configuration
option. I thought this should be set for MP kernels?

 > However, the backtrace indicates that you're losing because of a null
 > pointer dereference in src/afs/LINUX/osi_cred.c:crref().

And it looks like it happens during module initialization. Why should
there be a difference between SP and MP? (I don't have an MP system to
play around, so I'm mostly guessing.)

   Rainer Schöpf