[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS Development

Tomas Olsson tol@stacken.kth.se
26 Jun 2004 09:31:00 +0200

Jack Neely wrote:

> I'm very blown away by Arla.  OpenAFS has always worked a little better
> for us as a client but now the tables are turned.  Both projects are Open
> Source, would a look at some of this code help us?

Glad you like it. Obviously, there has been exchange of ideas before, and
there still is. Any requests, bug reports, or praise is very welcome.
Thanks!

Another thing you might find interesting is the Windows native driver.
Naive implementation, still not production quality, but last time I checked
it survived things like building emacs. And it's not all that slow either:
http://www.stacken.kth.se/~tol/results/

Maybe it's time to make it usable (and perhaps cvs commit a patch or two so
that it compiles).

Anyway, (most) Arla people don't bite. I'd love to see both projects move
forward and make AFS as widely available as it should be. If you're around
Boston, talk to our people at Usenix.

/Tomas