[OpenAFS-devel] call of sock_create in src/rx/LINUX/rx_knet.c

Rainer Schöpf rainer.schoepf@proteosys.com
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:39:13 +0200 (CEST)

There is an error in the recently released version 1.3.65: in file
src/rx/LINUX/rx_knet.c the function sock_create is called with an extra
fifth arg if LINUX_KERNEL_IS_SELINUX is defined. This is wrong in general.
I tested this on Suse 9.1 (2.6.4 with SELINUX enabled).

Actually, checking kernel version 2.6.2-2.6.6, I haven't been able to find
a kernel where sock_create is defined with 5 args: although starting with
2.6.6, there is __sock_create which takes an additional fifth param.

Can someone explain this mistery? Which kernel is this where sock_create
has 5 params if SELINUX is in effect?

In any case, I think configure should explicitly test for the number of
params to sock_create, rather than rely on SELINUX.

 Rainer Schöpf