[OpenAFS-devel] amd64_linux26?

Miroslav Ruda ruda@ics.muni.cz
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:01:54 +0200

Tomas Olsson wrote:
>>We do really plan on having 64bit opteron systems as the bulk of our
>>future linux compute power, and afs is the one sticking point at this
>>time.
>>

> I think Miroslav got Arla to work.
>
> Miroslav, do you have any comments, patches, or intructions?

I was able to compile CVS version of Openafs on Opteron (Suse 9.1 64bit) - I have sent patches to openafs-info. However, afsd is locked when starting.

I'm currently successfully using arla - again development version. Here is short summary what I did:

kernel - export sys_call_table to have PAG support
-------
ruda@odin:~> cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.75
ruda@odin:/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.75> tail -5 arch/x86_64/kernel/x8664_ksyms.c
EXPORT_SYMBOL(memcpy_toio);
EXPORT_SYMBOL(memcpy_fromio);

extern void *sys_call_table[];
EXPORT_SYMBOL(sys_call_table);
ruda@odin:/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.75>

see last two lines. Recompile kernel, reboot ...

heimdal:
----------
wget ftp://ftp.pdc.kth.se/pub/heimdal/src/heimdal-0.6.2.tar.gz
tar && configure && make install

arla:
-----
wget ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/snap/arla-0.36.2pre3.tar.gz
tar && configure --with-sys=/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-7.75 --with-krb5=/usr/heimdal
echo '#define HAVE_KERNEL_SYS_CALL_TABLE 1' >>include/config.h
make && make install
change /usr/arla/etc/CellServDB and ThisCell
mount cache filesystem (ext2/ext3) to /usr/arla/cache
/usr/arla/etc/arla start

Arla compiled with sys_call_table support works with PAGs, and also heimdal/openafs
user-land binaries works fine with arlad.

I was tols there is already ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/snap/arla-0.36.2pre7.tar.gz
but I didn't tested yet.

Once again many thanks to arla developers for their help with 2.6 kernel support.

--
                  Mirek Ruda