[OpenAFS-devel] usd_FileClose

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Thu, 04 Mar 2004 08:08:25 -0500

It's wrong to fsync a char device.  If there is some platform that requires
this, then we should put in an #ifdef for that platform, rather than #ifndef
for all the "normal" ones.  My suspicion is that either this code was never
correct, or if it was, it was for some platform that we no longer support.
The comment above the code seems to indicate that whoever wrote it wasn't
even sure why they were doing it that way.

As for making the diff harder to read, that's true, but it makes the code
easier to read.  I think that's more important.