[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS for FreeBSD 5.2 patch

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:08:25 -0500 (EST)

<<On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 21:40:22 -0500, Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu> said:

> I don't understand this comment.  Everything for my kernel is
> under /usr/src/sys...  Or do you mean I have to build openafs
> under /usr/src/sys?

Actually, the real issue (which the patches don't address at all) is
that you absolutely must build the kernel parts of OpenAFS (or any
kernel module, for that matter) against the correct kernel option
headers for the kernel you plan to use.  The Makefile simply assumes
that you are using GENERIC (or are sufficiently similar to GENERIC
as makes no difference).  If you dig into the Makefile you will see an
explicit reference to sys/${arch}/compile/GENERIC; you need to update
that to point to wherever your kernel was compiled.

-GAWollman