[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS for FreeBSD 5.2 patch

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:14:47 -0500

  The system builds fine on a pristine 5.2.1-R machine with the right
  sysname and after linking GENERIC -> MYSYSNAME in
  /usr/src/sys/i386/somewhere. Mentioned earlier on this list, and not a big
  problem.

  But then I hit a big roadblock, the "what now?" phase.

Did you read the release notes, "README" at the top of your source tree?
You can use the --with-bsd-kernel-build= configure option instead of your
symlink hack.

There is also a client package builder now.  It almost works, but it uses an
old rc file (from src/afsd/afs.rc.fbsd) that probably doesn't work.  You
could replace it with one that just loads the module and runs afsd.  The
package builder is in src/packaging/FreeBSD.  I will update the release
notes.  Contributions welcome.