[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] 2.6 kernel support anytime soon? Workarounds?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 10 May 2004 13:53:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> > > i imagine this would be violating the spirit of export_symbol_gpl().
> >
> > I dont care.. the whole "spirit" of that is a bunch of hogwash IMHO.
>
> With such acute understanding of Linux ecosystem exibited by leading
> developers it's a small wonder no decent distro is willing to defile their
> hands by carrying OpenAFS.

He's a leading developer? :-P

For what it's worth, the flipside is that your employer went out of the
way to de-export sys_call_table in 2.4, so in addition to not carrying
OpenAFS they were apparently out to break it.

But appearances can be deceiving, and just as it would be wrong of me to
call RedHat evil on the basis on that single act (which I don't assume was
targeted at OpenAFS) I think perhaps you're also out of line if you
actually believe the line of B.S. you just sent.