[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] 2.6 kernel support anytime soon? Workarounds?

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Mon, 10 May 2004 16:05:28 -0400

  nfsv4 might want to use but i havent see anything in that direction.

That's partly because we (CITI, developing NFSv4) don't want to depend on
kernel patches, and partly because pags have been a relatively low priority.
But we are well aware of the efforts to get pag functionality into the linux
kernel, and hope to use pags when they become available.

  a possible fix might be to get bsd and linux to support registering a
  callback from the setgroups syscall.

Hooking setgroups is no problem in bsd, but it's ugly, and has been rejected
by the linux community.  That's why we need a new api.