[OpenAFS-devel] Compile pbs with 1.3.64 and 2.6

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Sun, 16 May 2004 12:59:03 -0400

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 05:04:15AM +0200, Fred wrote:
> First, can a 1.3.64 client connect to a server running openafs 1.2.11.
> I wanted to try the 1.3.64 version, but encoutered many compile pbs :
> I'm running a 2.6.6 (mm patch set), with gcc-3.3.3
> Any ideas welcome :)

(I sent this to Dan Lapine when he posted about SuSE the other day, but just
now realized that I forget to reply-to-all....)

See my earlier thread about getting openafs to work on the 2.6 kernel. I
haven't succeeded yet, but I did get past this part. The patch here:

<https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-devel/2004-May/010405.html>

should fix it.

There were a couple of other problems I came across -- read that thread for
more. I haven't solved the final part yet, though -- actually making it make
a 2.6 kernel module.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>