[OpenAFS-devel] Re: patches for afs-krb5 (fix 64-bit bug, etc)

Ken Hornstein (Contractor) kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 20 May 2004 15:00:47 -0400

>Is there a better place to find the afs-krb5 source code other than
>central.org? Is afs-krb5 the 'canonical' source code to aklog these days?

AFAIK, yes.  When I get some free cycles, aklog will make it into openafs.

>> >	http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/aklog/patches/2-com_err.patch
>>
>> Sigh, the whole com_err mess is neverending.
>
>On Red Hat, it's provided as a base library for the system. The best thing
>to do is probably to just see if it's already there when doing a test link
>with the Kerberos libraries?

The thing is, with Kerberos I want to be using krb5-config.  I suppose
the right thing to do there is make a test for add_to_error_table in
com_err.

>I didn't try to compile the rest of afs-krb5. What parts are still
>relevant with MIT krb5-1.3? fakeka is now integrated, but I don't know
>offhand about the rest.

asetkey is still relevant.  As other people have pointed out ... afs2k5db
has problems.  It's tough for me to debug that, since I converted my kaserver
database years ago and I don't have another.

--Ken