[OpenAFS-devel] Is Linux Kernel option CONFIG_FILTER required?

Michael Pronath michael.pronath@gmx.de
Wed, 26 May 2004 15:58:21 +0200

Hi,
I had some problems with a linux kernel 2.4.23 and openafs 1.2.11,
giving me kernel oops after starting afsd.  After I recompiled the
kernel changing some debugging options and some options for USB that
probably didn't make a difference, but also activated CONFIG_FILTER (is
called "Socket Filtering"), it worked.
Is this a random effect or is there a known (but unchecked at
configuration time) pre-requisite of OpenAFS that CONFIG_FILTER must be
enabled?  The help page during "make xconfig" for this option says "If
unsure, say N", therefore it may be missing for some hand-compiled kernels.

Regards,
Michael