[OpenAFS-devel] Generating a Linux 2.6-style .ko

chas williams (contractor) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 27 May 2004 13:55:10 -0400

In message <40B629C5.5020100@suse.com>,Jeff Mahoney writes:
>My port is quite a bit different than that seen in 1.3.64; It's quite a
>bit more invasive, as I've chosen to allow the kernel to use its own
>heuristics for cache management. This means that it uses the in kernel
>inode cache rather than OpenAFS's internal cache.

i did part of this for 2.4 at one point.  its essentially what is
done for the DUX port (and freebsd apparently).  it seems like the
way to go in the long run.  i didnt have time to try to make it
stable so i just made the 1.3 stuff work on 2.6.