[OpenAFS-devel] wiki docs contain spam

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 04 Nov 2004 13:35:18 -0500

On Thursday, November 04, 2004 09:42:22 +0100 Chris Huebsch
<chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
>
>> We know about the problem.  Editing wiki pages is just not at the top of
>> my  list of things to do.  Feel free to edit them yourself if you want;
>> it is a  wiki, after all :-)
>
> I removed the Spam recently and did so yesterday again.

Thank you.

> This can even be done by TwikiGuest (==anybody).
>
> This is the way the spam came in too. Perhaps changing the wiki should
> be limited to registered users (registering is free and requires no
> administrative work.)

I've been considering this change for a while, but up to this point had not
done anything about it.  The access controls have now been changed such
that TWikiGuest will no longer be allowed to make changes.

   GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG/OpenAFS.ORG postmaster, webmaster, etc