[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS on 2.4.26 ? OpenMosix ?

Terry Gliedt tpg@umich.edu
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:20:41 -0500

I'm attempting to get OpenAFS support in an OpenMosix kernel. The only
stable OpenMosix kernel for our situation is 2.4.26. Has anyone manged
to get OpenAFS client working on a 2.4.26 kernel?

For that matter, has anyone have experience with OpenMosix and OpenAFS
together on any kernel? I realize the cluster nodes cannot use AFS, but
it would be very useful to have AFS client available on the gateway machine.

I started the effort to integrate openafs-kernel-1.2.11 into 2.4.26-om,
but it seems quite a strech for me. I could not even successfully make
openafs-kernel-1.2.11 to compile against the 2.4.26 kernel source, so
making OpenMosix play will be pretty hard, unless someelse has been
there and is willing to share.

TIA

Terry Gliedt     tpg@umich.edu       http://www.hps.com/~tpg/
Biostatistics, Univ of Michigan  Personal Email:  tpg@hps.com