[OpenAFS-devel] kdump in /proc/fs/openafs

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:48:32 -0500 (EST)

in some newer 2.4 kernels /dev/kmem doesn't work right. this means kdump
doesn't work. as one theory, i started writing interfaces to just read as
text via proc files, and committed a patch to the cvs head last night.

there's just one thing: for things like rx connections, if you have a lot,
we'll overflow the buffer you get to write into for those magic files. so,
it's sort of yucky.

let me ask this: does anyone have other suggestions for "replacing" kdump
with something inlined in the kernel somehow? rendering structures from
the kernel does mean we don't need to include kernel and user headers in a
program.