[OpenAFS-devel] Problems with recent CVS around the time of the .73 release

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:07:39 -0600

We just downgraded a bunch of fileservers that had been updated from a
build around 2004-03-14 to current, back to the old version. We had
upgraded them about two weeks ago, and since then have been experiencing
LOTS of weird problems with windows clients losing connectivity with
AFS, and not being able to start on boot, etc. This is with a range of
windows clients from 1.2.8 up to 1.3.71. I'm not certain, but I believe
we saw some impact on linux clients as well, but not really
quantifiable.

We're not in any position to test it any further, but figured I'd throw
this out as a caution that something may be amuck.=20

-- Nathan

University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-6679
UMR Information Technology             Fax: (573) 341-4216