[OpenAFS-devel] Re: 1.2.10 linux kernel hang during AFS backups

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:31:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Joe Buehler wrote:

> I just posted a candidate patch for this under problem
> report 15239.  Someone who knows the linux kernel will have
> to review it to see how good a patch it is -- it's only a few
> extra lines in the AFS client kernel code, however.
>
> Based on the crash dumps involved, it appears to me that any
> 2.4 linux machine using mmap() on files in AFS will hang if
> the timing is right in the kernel.

I was away, and my arrival back here was put off somewhat due to Tropical
Depression Ivan crossing my path home; I will look at this tonight and try
to get it resolved; Hopefully in a matter of days we can have OpenAFS
1.3.72 containing it.