[OpenAFS-devel] 1.4.0 largefile support question

Peter Somogyi psomogyi@gamax.hu
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 10:59:01 +0100

We were testing the --enable-largefile-fileserver option for 1.4.0.
We have found this feature unusable for both SLES9 and AIX 5.2, too - in 1.4.0.
I'm writting here because we need urgent answer about the desired availability of this option, and our customer is waiting for the result.

For AIX, we've found one (and further more) trivial bug for "vos dump", see http://rt.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=23607.

For linux, we have found that writting a file of 6 GB fails (at the position of 4GB):
>dd if=/dev/zero of=6gb_file bs=1MB count=6144
>
>File size limit exceeded
>stoneblade11:/afs/.afscell/largemount # ls -sh
>total 4.1G
>2.0K .  2.0K ..  4.0G 6gb_file

Should it be working, or it's just an experimental feature for testing in 1.4.0 ?
Or should it work only since the 1.4.1 series? (I can see it's enabled by default there.)
Is there (is anybody making) any patch for 1.4.0?  Any workaround?

Peter