[OpenAFS-devel] fileserver / volserver no longer speak to each other - 1.4.1-rc1

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:04:56 -0500

On Monday, December 19, 2005 12:17:10 PM +0100 Rainer Toebbicke
<rtb@pclella.cern.ch> wrote:

> We've got the following curious problem on our Solaris fileservers
> running 1.4.1-rc1 (not on Linux, there it works ok!):

It's normal for the volserver's first couple of connection attempts
to fail, since the fileserver doesn't begin accepting fssync connections
immediately.  It already sleeps between attempts, but it should be logging
the failures.

The lsof output you quoted would appear to indicate that a previous
connection attempt by the volserver failed, and while the fileserver has
started listening, the volserver hasn't retried yet.  I would suggest
attaching truss to your volserver to see what is really going on.

-- Jeff