[OpenAFS-devel] Minimum autoconf version

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:28:13 -0400

What's the minimum autoconf version that we are using with OpenAFS?

I ask because in the autoconf glue I did for aklog, I started getting
complaints because I used AC_ARG_VAR and apparantly some people out
there (you know who you are) were still using autoconf 2.13, which
didn't have it.  I'm wondering if we can all agree on what the minimum
autoconf version is and standardize on it with AC_PREREQ (I'm hoping it
will be something newer than 2.13).  I also noticed that the configure
behavior is different for some macros between 2.13 and later versions
(specifically, the tests done when doing AC_CHECK_HEADERS seems to be
more comprehensive in later version of autoconf), and that complicated
things when I was writing the autoconf tests; that's why I'd like to
get the autoconf version mess straightened out.

--Ken