[OpenAFS-devel] getting a token on login

Terry Gliedt tpg@umich.edu
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:57:06 -0400

Josh Fiske wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been struggling with a lingering issue for the past several days. I
> am in the process of setting up a public login box for a number of users
> whose home directories are stored in AFS.  As such, it is necessary for
> them to obtain a token upon login (via ssh).  I have read a bit of the
> older posts to this list and haven't found much that helps me...
>
> Tidbits:
>   - We currently have a Krb4 based AFS cell.
>   - I understand that AFS support was dropped from OpenSSH a while ago
>   - I would prefer to be able to continue using SSH v2
>   - I currently have PAM setup to authenticate a user to AFS, but once
> logged in this user does not get a token
>
> Any thoughts or pointers would be appreciated,

I just spent three days to discover that Debian unstable has an ssh
package that failed to have 'Use PAM yes' in /etc/ssh/sshd_config. Drove
me crazy before I found it. Maybe you too?  Good luck

Terry Gliedt     tpg@umich.edu       http://www.hps.com/~tpg/
Biostatistics, Univ of Michigan  Personal Email:  tpg@hps.com