[OpenAFS-devel] Tiger client weirdness

Sensei senseiwa@tin.it
Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:52:49 -0500

Hi. I'm facing really weird problems with afs client under tiger ---
yes, I'm working on the patches, but now I'd like to know why I have
this problem :)

I have 2 cells, one kerberized (kerberos 5 mit), and the other still
on kaserver (*not* under my control). ThisCell is on the my
kerberized cell. No problem at all with the kerberized one, works
like a charm. On the other I cannot access some directories.

Do you have an idea? It seems that there's an incompatibility between
the server (1.2.13 I suppose) and the new openafs-1_3_82-
macos-10_4... What do you think?

Here's an example, on both cells, having just a token for the
kaserver-based cell:

$ cd /afs/ka.cell/user
cd: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories: Permission denied
cd: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories: Permission denied

And the ACLs:

$ fs listacl /afs/ka.cell/user
job-working-directory: could not get current directory: getcwd:
cannot access parent directories: Permission denied
Access list for /afs/ka.cell/user is
Normal rights:
   system:administrators rlidwka
   system:anyuser l

$ cd /afs/ka.cell/local/
chdir: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
directories: Permission denied

$ fs listacl /afs/ka.cell/local/
Access list for /afs/ka.cell/local/ is
Normal rights:
   adm:ka rlidwk
   ka:nodes rl
   system:administrators rlidwka
   system:authuser rl

The new kerberized cell, works:

$ cd /afs/k5.cell/users

$ fs listacl /afs/k5.cell/users
Access list for /afs/k5.cell/users is
Normal rights:
   system:administrators rlidwka
   system:anyuser rl

$ fs listacl /afs/k5.cell/users/myhome
Access list for /afs/k5.cell/users/myhome is
Normal rights:
   system:administrators rlidwka
   system:anyuser l
   myhome rlidwka