[OpenAFS-devel] Tiger/HEAD patches progress (problems...)

Sensei senseiwa@tin.it
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:25:30 -0500

On Jul 14, 2005, at 4:16pm, Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:

>> /Users/sensei/Documents/Projects/AFS/openafs/src/afs/sysincludes.h:
>> 221:20: error: h/user.h: No such file or directory
>>
> You seem to have reversed the change to the conditional which
> prevents this include from being processed on AFS_DARWIN80_ENV

That's why I posted the procedure for generating the patch, I'm still
NOT sure it's the correct way.

> This indicates that something in afs is #define'ing or typedef'ing
> vnode_t, which you cannot do on Tiger.
>

>> /Users/sensei/Documents/Projects/AFS/openafs/src/rx/DARWIN/
>>
> rx_kmutex.h:86:
>
>> error: field 'lock' has incomplete type
>>
> this implies an inappropriate reversal of patches to rx_kmutex.h

I'm probably using the wrong way of generating a patch and/or
applying it. In this, I'm trying to do what I was suggested to do:

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org in reply to me:

 > Ok. What can I do to help?

I suppose if you like you can diff the CVS head since the tiger
branch was forked, distill the changes into something that can be
applied to the tiger branch for now, and send a patch. It will make
things easier when we ultimately join the tiger branch back onto the
head.

--
Sensei <senseiwa@tin.it>

cd /pub