[OpenAFS-devel] ppc64 / 1.3.85 / 2.6.5-7.191-pseries64 - afsd problem ? / compile error

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:18:46 +0200

On Jul 15, 2005, at 2:26 PM, Marco Hoehle wrote:

> I am not quiete sure if the module is loaded correctly, but i
> thought it is
> because lsmod shows me the module as loaded and
> in /proc/kallsyms i can see 2802 afs symbols loaded.
> That's why i thought it succeeded....
> Well but I also belive that it's something about the kernel symbol
> table
> (Frank told me that in PPC there are 2 different tables ) - but I
> don't
> know so much about this and that's why i have no clue about how to
> correct
> / fix this ...

I don't know what your problem is, either. How could I? ;-)

Since you know it has something to do with the initialization just
take a closer look at that part.
Maybe you want to debug the kernel ... I wouldn't. So, I would place
some printks on strategic important positions in the module loading
parts.

I presume the insertion of the AFS syscall isn't just doing what it's
supposed to do, install the syscall.

BTW, if you have the symbols it doesn't mean you are able to use 'em.
(e.g. jump into one of those functions)

Horst