[OpenAFS-devel] strange cache corruption on Intel Linux with 1.3.84

Sven Oehme oehmes@de.ibm.com
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:46:49 +0200

Hi Chas,

with 1.3.85 the cache corruption problem is gone and the client is
recovering, but it takes at least 5 min to recover !!
i am trying now to workaround the Server ABORT package with adding -busyat
1800 to fileserver ...  any other suggestions ?
btw. the server is not really busy (LOAD of .10 - .20 on a 4 cpu 4gb
system) but he sends an abort ...

Sven

             chas@cmf.nrl.navy
             .mil
             20/07/2005 04:21          Sven Oehme/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
                                                                        cc
                                       "openafs-devel "
                                       <openafs-devel@openafs.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [OpenAFS-devel] strange cache
                                       corruption on Intel Linux with
                                       1.3.84

In message
<OF177F1256.3D2B9CEF-ONC1257043.0077A5DD-C1257043.0079956A@de.ibm.com>,Sven
Oehme writes:
>today we recognized a strange reproducible cache corruption bug on a linux

>host with a suse linux kernel and openafs 1.3.84.

can you try 1.3.85 and see if you still have this problem.