[OpenAFS-devel] aklog heimdal --with-krb5-conf configure nitpicks

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:44:35 -0500

First, thanks to all who worked on putting this in the tree.

I tried to build openafs (cvs) on an SGI Altix box to get aklog working
on the machine, and found it didn't work. I wound up tracking it down to
not having openssl-devel installed on the machine.

It looks like useing the '--with-krb5-conf=/usr/bin/krb5-config' option
creates a rather polluted KRB5LIBS list like this:
Adding -L/usr/lib -lkrb5 -lasn1 -lcrypto -lroken -lcrypt -lresolv to KRB5LIBS

When I use the following configure line, it works just fine:
KRB5CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/heimdal KRB5LIBS='-L/usr/lib-lkrb5 -lasn1
-lroken -lcrypt -lresolv' ./configure --with-krb5

I didn't try to see what other libs could be dropped as well.. Is this
something we should even bother with in AFS? Should it get reported to
the heimdal people?

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked me why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz