[OpenAFS-devel] aklog heimdal --with-krb5-conf configure nitpicks

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery@ece.cmu.edu
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:12:43 -0400

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 20:44 -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> It looks like useing the '--with-krb5-conf=/usr/bin/krb5-config' option
> creates a rather polluted KRB5LIBS list like this:
> Adding -L/usr/lib -lkrb5 -lasn1 -lcrypto -lroken -lcrypt -lresolv to KRB5LIBS
>
> When I use the following configure line, it works just fine:
> KRB5CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/heimdal KRB5LIBS='-L/usr/lib-lkrb5 -lasn1
> -lroken -lcrypt -lresolv' ./configure --with-krb5

Some systems' dynamic loaders will correctly infer the need for -lcrypto
from -lkrb5, and other similar dependencies; others will ignore the
recorded dependencies.  (And Solaris's ld will output a bunch of
undefined symbol refs *telling you the library they're in* from the
dependency information; I consider this the equivalent of sticking its
tongue out at me saying "nyaa nyaa!"...).  So rather than try to figure
out what your particular system can work out for itself and what needs
to be explicit, they pedantically list all the dependencies.

--
brandon s. allbery   [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]      allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery@ece.cmu.edu