[OpenAFS-devel] Why I hate licensing, part forty-seven

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 10 May 2005 00:12:27 -0700

This has, of course, been here for quite a while, but thanks to the new
src/LICENSE file (thank you for that!), I just now noticed it.  I probably
haven't been reading the mailing list closely enough.

src/packaging/MacOS/afssettings.m is covered by the Apple Public Source
License 2.0 (a nicely controversial license).

src/packaging/MacOS/afssettings.m is 4,391 bytes in 171 lines.

The Apple Public Source License 2.0 is 19,829 bytes in 367 lines.

Words fail, sometimes.  I hope there are nuclear secrets in there.

In other news, I have discovered a wonderfully elegant implementation of
disconnected AFS, but I fear this margin is too small to hold the license.