[OpenAFS-devel] strlen() undefined?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Tue, 17 May 2005 23:02:45 -0500

On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 06:31:55PM -0400, Jim Rees wrote:
> I've been trying to build OpenAFS for linux 2.6.12 and almost have it
> working, but now I'm getting strlen() undefined from xdr.o.  It's not really
...[snip]

What other issues did you have? I have no idea if this is related, but
I had asked one of the kernel developers about the iput crash I had with
preempt enabled, and they mentioned that '->put_inode' is going away in
the future, and everything that makes sense should be moved to
'->clear_inode'.

It also seemed like osi_clear_inode (or something that uses ip->i_count)
should not be accessing it directly, or is not sufficiently locked when
running with CONFIG_PREEMPT.