[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.X: Problem with many connections exhausting resources?

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Mon, 30 May 2005 10:09:37 +0200 (MEST)

> Harald:
>
> I wonder if this condition is a side effect of the bug that has been
> fixed by
>
>    DELTA STABLE12-rx-makecall-race-fix-20050518

Hi, thanks, but I have a feling that it is older because I have the
same behaviour against a server with 1.3.77

1.3.77 has rx.c 1.58.2.4 and rx-makecall-race-fix-20050518 was introduced
with 1.58.2.18.

> With this bug the rx_connection objects on one side can be destroyed
> while that are in use.   New rx_connection objects would then need to
> be established.

I'm still fumbling in the rx-dark. Anyone got the bestseller "the life
and death of an rx connection"? Is there a way to get rid of these
zillions of connections? Am I the only one seeing this?

And I still don't know if this is related to the sudden "server
down" problems I have to start with.

Harald.