[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.X: Problem with many connections exhausting resources?

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Mon, 30 May 2005 14:05:00 +0200

On May 30, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Harald Barth wrote:

>> Do you have any other information you can provide on your server down
>> problem?
>>

> Damn little. And the 'server down' goes away if you wait long
> enough. I
> don't know how long "long enough" is, but it is not hours, rather
> days.

I'm not sure about the platform you're seeing this on.
This is Linux, right?

I saw something similar on AIX a few weeks ago. But then after one
day the box didn't recover and I rebooted, since AFS ran completely
unusable.

Horst