[OpenAFS-devel] Linux access key retention support and OpenAFS

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 30 May 2005 10:42:55 -0400 (EDT)

---559023410-1895335937-1117464175=:6584

On Mon, 30 May 2005, André Balsa wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Recent Linux kernel (> 2.6.9 ?)  have support for storing keys and tokens in
> the kernel memory space. See linux/Documentation/keys.txt.
>
> I believe this is the work of David Howells whom I assume is also on the
> present mailing list.
>
> I was wondering if this could somehow be used by the OpenAFS afs client for
> storing AFS tokens ?

I have a substantially complete patch for this which was stymied by lack
of export of certain symbols. Rather than pursue it, my understanding iss
someone is working on a kerberos 5 ticket file backend using keyring. My
hope is to use that when complete directly (for now, anyway, since we can,
there being a single ticket for any cell for afs)

---559023410-1895335937-1117464175=:6584--