[OpenAFS-devel] Hangs during mv

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Mon, 30 May 2005 19:54:17 -0400

--On Monday, May 30, 2005 06:49:34 PM +0200 Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se>
wrote:

> caused by DELTA linux-writepage-sync-20050308
this delta should not actually have any real side effects. the
glock/lock_kernel move is only lexical, it doesn't really change which code
is run with the locks locked (other than the kmap, which doesn't need the
lock).

> maybe fixed by DELTA linux-vnode-aliases-20050529
I would guess so. This looks like all the processes are blocked in
lock_rename. Unless there are other operations blocked in afs, it pretty
much has to be a lock_rename deadlock of some sort, and aliased directories
are the obvious one.