[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris 10 local zone support?

Robert Banz banz@umbc.edu
Fri, 07 Oct 2005 14:59:36 -0400

> Damn.  I guess we're in the same boat as people who want an NFS server in
> a non-global zone -- whatever specific privs are needed for AFS client
> startup are squashed by the zones framework.
>
> Is there any interest here in figuring out exactly what we'd need to do
> to make it work (as a client only, not a server)?  I'm very new to looking
> at the source tree, so starting out on this on my own would get nowhere fast.

I doubt you're going to be able to run the client locally in a zone.
Zones are cool and lightweight -- because they share the same kernel...

However, it'd be neat if there were some magic in the loopback
filesystem that we could take advantage of that would give the AFS
pioctl() based utilies their due access.

-rob