[OpenAFS-devel] New branch in CVS: openafs-stable-1_4_0-branch (tiger and byte range locks)

Kyle Moffett mrmacman_g4@mac.com
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:21:02 -0400

On Oct 7, 2005, at 15:15:50, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Kyle Moffett wrote:
>> I nuked it, and now the module loads fine, but due to a defect in
>> my startup script I managed to start afsd twice without a /afs
>> directory.  Now I'm in this interesting situation:
>
> That situation is called "boned"

Indeed it is.  I tried to reboot only to have it hang completely and
require a hard poweroff.  It's back up and running now, and my
startup script is fixed properly to prevent that from happening
again.  Theoretically it would be nice to get that bug fixed, but
I've got bigger bugs in my sights at the moment :-D.

I've discovered that all the OpenAFS commands return "Invalid
Argument", which leads me to suspect that somehow the syscall isn't
being properly registered, but I really have no clue where to look to
try to fix this.  Do you have any advice for me?  Thanks!

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

--
There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to
make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the