[OpenAFS-devel] Re: 1.4.1-rc1 Tiger question and issue.

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:08:41 +0200 (MEST)

> Both Linux and Windows report EHOSTUNREACHABLE errors in this case
> to AFS.  The RX library uses the errors to modify the start time
> of the request to make it look as if the full timeout period was
> used.

Hi Ken, Jeff, and everyone, I had ./rx/rx_packet.c open:

#ifdef AFS_NT40_ENV
            /* Windows is nice -- it can tell us right away that we cannot
             * reach this recipient by returning an WSAEHOSTUNREACH error
             * code.  So, when this happens let's "down" the host NOW so
             * we don't sit around waiting for this host to timeout later.
             */
                if (call && code == -1 && errno == WSAEHOSTUNREACH)
                        call->lastReceiveTime = 0;
#endif
#if defined(KERNEL) && defined(AFS_LINUX20_ENV)
            /* Linux is nice -- it can tell us right away that we cannot
             * reach this recipient by returning an ENETUNREACH error
             * code.  So, when this happens let's "down" the host NOW so
             * we don't sit around waiting for this host to timeout later.
             */
            if (call && code == -ENETUNREACH)
                call->lastReceiveTime = 0;
#endif